Good morning y’all. Woke up this morning feeling a Lil bit discouraged 😦 just didn’t feel like blogging…guess it’s just one of those days plus ive got a cold and a nasty cough that I’m tryna shake off 😦 pls pray for me. Thank you
On a different note though, we have completed 6 books of the bible..yaaay 🙂 . Only 60 more to go 🙂 . We thank God for His grace and mercy that has seen us through. I pray He further strengthens and encourage us as we progress with the rest of the books.
Today we look at the book of Jude. The book like the others warns us about false teachers, gives us examples of people who rebelled against God and the punishment they received, gives us clear instructions on how to build up ouselves while waiting for our Lords return .
Be blessed 🙂
1) We have to guard and cherish our faith. Make sure no one derails us or mislead us away from what has been entrusted to us.
2) It’s not okay to live immoral because we think we are under the dispensation of grace. God has clear instructions for us on how to live our lives as his children and we have to obey them. We can’t play with sin and expect to get away with it.
Romans 6:1-2 NLT says “Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?”
3) We should not be led or react to situations by our feelings or natural instincts. Doing this can only lead to one thing – destruction. Rather we should be led by God’s spirit.
Romans 8:6 NLT says “So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.”
Remember our feelings come and go, they are not reliable.
4) There is only destruction for anyone that rebels against God, who denies his power and doesn’t believe in him
5) Don’t talk or act carelessly, especially about God for we will be judged for everything we say and do
6) Build each other up in our most holy faith by
a) praying in the power of the Holy Spirit
b) staying right at the centre of God’s love
c) showing mercy to all incl those whose faith is wavering
d) going after those who take the wrong way – gently bring them back to the fold
e) being tender with sinners but not soft on the sin.
P – Prayer
Dear Lord we thank you once again for today and for the privilege to know you and be called as your children. We pray you give us more and more mercy, peace, and love. We give all glory to you, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone is God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.
Thanks for joining today. Pls feel free to share your thots on the chapter. Also pls spread the love about the blog 🙂
Tomorrow we will be reading psalms 1.
Have a blessed day 🙂