Good Morning y’all. I’m honored and privileged to see the last Sunday in the 3rd quarter of the year. God has been good to me and my family. I sure pray he has been good to you too. Happy sunday!!!
So today we begin the book of Genesis. Growing up I’ve fondly heard preachers refer to Genesis as the beginning of beginnings. The place where it all started where God’s original plan was revealed to us.
As we read through this book, My prayer and desire is that God will show us more of himself. Like Abraham, He will teach us to walk before him and be blameless. Like Moses, He will teach to us to be meek and humble and declare us as His friend. Like Jacob, He will change our name and make us into a great nation. Amen.
I want you to take a few minutes and ponder on what you desire to receive from the study of Genesis. I want you to start this process with an expectation. Scripture says the expectation of the righteous will not be cut short. Pls write it down so at the end you can tick off all that God has done and thank him for it. 🙂
Father as we start this book of Genesis. We pray our lives will never be the same again. We will encounter you each day as we study. You will reveal more and more of yourself to us thereby transforming our lives from the inside out. In Jesus Name. Amen.
So here we go Genesis chapter 1. Be Blessed 🙂
In summary this chapter is a beautiful description of creation. How God spoke it all into being and how he looked upon his creation and declared it all to be good. All this happened in 6 days by the way 🙂 . Ain’t God awesome!!!. If he created it all in 6 days then surely whatever you need him to do can be done in nanoseconds!
Here are a few things I gleaned from the chapter.
1) God is the author of creation! He was before the heavens and the earth. That qualifies him to be the Beginning and the End.
2) 8 times in the chapter it was mentioned God said.(reading from the NIV version). That got me thinking. God didn’t have to do any manual labour or hard work to create all that we enjoy today. In fact the only labour he did was to open his mouth and SPEAK!. Not just any kind of speaking cos some of us know how to open our mouths, unfortunately the wrong things come out. Hey there is hope for us!. Back to God, he Spoke the right word. For example, he wanted light so he said Let there be light and indeed there was light. So what he spoke was in agreement with what he wanted to see. Are you speaking words that are in agreement with what you want in your life, family, business..etc.
There is power in the Word of God backed by faith. We are creators, we have the ability to create with our mouth. Our words are powerful!
3) Still on the speaking bit. I also noticed that whatever God called what he created that was its name. For example after He created the light, He decided to call it “day” and till today it’s still called day!. That tells me whatever I call something in my life, that is what it will be. If I choose to call failure my friend then that’s what it will be but if I choose to call myself the head and not the tail then the head I will be. All I’m trying to say is, there is power in our tongue! Let’s use it wisely.
4) Then on day 6 God thought about creating man in his own image to reflect his nature. That’s how me and you came to being. We weren’t an accident that just happened or an explosion. No! We were carefully thought of by the creator of the universe. We were the only ones that God took a unanimous decision with the rest of the God head before he created. In a nutshell, we are special to God. Psalm 139 :13 puts it’s well; “I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation!” (MSG Version)
5) He gave us command to be fruitful and multiply and have dominion over the birds of the air, the fish in the sea and the animals on land. See God made provision for us. He gave us our daily bread even before we asked for it! I’m getting too excited cos God is just pretty awesome
6) Everything God created is good.
Whatever the situation in your life today, i encourage you to speak the word of God to that situation in faith believing that God will do what He has said he will do. I am reminded of a story in Matthew where the soldier came to Jesus and asked him to heal one of his servants. Jesus told him he will come to his house, but this man said to Jesus Master I am a man of authority and when I speak people obey therefore speak thy word and I know my servant will be healed. (see Matthew 8:9-13). This man understood the potency and the power in Gods word. He knew the Word of God is not limited by distance, time, language….. Gods word is infallible. it’s a living word. It has stood the test of time. I tell u God’s word is real.
Try God today. Speak His word back to him. He watches over his word to fulfil it.
Thanks for joining today. Feel free to leave comments on chapter.
Enjoy the rest of ur sunday and get to speaking!!!
***With God all things are possible***