Today we start our journey through the book of 1 Peter. The book was written by Peter one of the disciples of Jesus. I believe it was the same Peter who denied Jesus and on the day of Pentecost he had an encounter with the Holy Spirit and His life was transformed! Praise God!
My prayer is that as we read through this book, we will also have an encounter with the Holy Spirit and our lives will be transformed to be more and more like Christ. In Jesus Name
Reading chapter 1 this morning, below is the summary of the things I gleaned from the chapter.
S-V2- God the father knew you and chose you long ago and His spirit has made you holy. As a result, you have obeyed him and have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ. May God give you more and more grace and peace.
V 25- what the Lord has said will stand forever!
O- 1) GOD knew us and chose us long b4 we were even born. Jeremiah 1:5 confirms this
2) Trials come our way to make our faith stronger. We have to endure to the end and we will enjoy the reward – the salvation of my soul, the inheritance God has prepared for us – eternal life.
3) God is able to protect us to the very end.
4) we shouldn’t be controlled by our desires but rather we should be obedient and live holy as God who called us his holy
5) God paid a great price 4 our soul, in return we need to make sure our lives honor him
6) The Holy spirit is the one who helps us to be obedient, therefore we must yield ourselves and cooperate with him so we can be all that God wants us to be.
7) We need to love others even as God loves us.
8) God’s word is Final! His word never changes.
A- 1) I can’t live my life anyhow I choose cos God paid a great price 4 me.
2) As I go about my day today Holy spirit helping me I will make sure my actions and words honor God.
P- 1) Dear God thanks for choosing us even b4 I was conceived. You have great plans for us
2) Help us yeild to your spirit as we go about out day today and help us honor you in all we do and say
I will conclude with v18-21 from the message bible:“Your life is a journey you must travel with a deep consciousness of God. It cost God plenty to get you out of that dead-end, empty-headed life you grew up in. He paid with Christ’s sacred blood, you know. He died like an unblemished, sacrificial lamb. And this was no afterthought. Even though it has only lately—at the end of the ages—become public knowledge, God always knew he was going to do this for you. It’s because of this sacrificed Messiah, whom God then raised from the dead and glorified, that you trust God, that you know you have a future in God.”
Pls dont forget to share your thoughts from the chapter by replying to this thread.
Have a blessed day Y’all and don’t forget God loves us too much to let us remain the way we are.